WashingtonLakes.com

samish river?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you

samish river?

Postby spenny1823 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Only posted this because the regs say its closed but possibly could've opened back up, and couldn't find anything on the wdfw site. I'm going fishing tomorrow with a friend and he said his friends fished it today below the I 5 bridge. I told him he probably was confused with the Skagit as we originally planned to fish there tomorrow. Where do you find info on rivers like this that say "to be determined". I really don't want to go there unless I know for sure.....ahh im so confused!! [confused]
spenny1823
Petty Officer

Re: samish river?

Postby BlakeP » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 pm

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/sep0613a/
The river Re-opened in September and is open till the 30th of November. All the rule changes are under emergencey rule change updates or news, under the fishing section on their website. Not sure if the rules have since changed on the Samish since September, as I don't fish the river, or keep up on the rule changes for it. But thats all I could find on it, so I'd assume the rules haven't changed sine then. So yes, its open.
BlakeP
Commander

Re: samish river?

Postby countryboy87 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:57 am

your pretty late for the samish. might get a late silver or a chum but thats bout it. mid august into september is best. your probably better off fishin the silvers in the skagit
countryboy87
Petty Officer

Return to River Fishing