WashingtonLakes.com

Native Release???

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you

Re: Native Release???

Postby bigskyx » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:28 pm

racfish" The native steelhead were wiped out of the Cedar and Sammamiosh system. Not due to man but nature did it on its own. (sealions)[/quote]

This statement implies that sea lions on their own are responsible for "wiping out" the steelhead in this system.

[quote="racfish wrote:
So you think the sealions have no harmful effects on fishing

You went from sole responsibility to some harm.... miles apart. My objection was to the first statement. Of course sea lions eat fish. They've been eating fish long before we or our hatcheries showed up. The sea lion population is currently not in a natural state, also due to our presence. The study I linked ( found in a 5 minute google search) listed 40 some qualified contributors on the first 4 pages, But since it's funded by the gov. you're willing to totally discount it and believe what the good ole boys at the bar have been preaching. At least do your own search & find an opposing view supported by research & data. maybe by the commercial fishing industry?

Here's the scoop on the Conservation Commission who conducted that study. Looks pretty good to me?

'Who sits on the Commission board?

Governance of the agency is provided by a ten-member board with members drawn from conservation districts, other agencies and Governor appointees. Our board members hail from across Washington State and include people with experience in ranching, farming, law, management, public service, natural resource management, and more'

http://www.scc.wa.gov/index.php/Commiss ... ssion.html
bigskyx
Petty Officer

Postby Bodofish » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:18 pm

So essentially you're relying on a government study again.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!
Bodofish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Postby Matt » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Not even going to touch this topic. LOL

[-(
Matt
Admiral

Postby racfish » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:42 pm

You dissapointed me Matt. When you said you werent going to comment the whole topic died. Probably for the best. LOL..
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Previous

Return to River Fishing